Have you had days when you feel like crying out loud at the drop of a hat and days when something small like finding cheap gucci wallets can make you ecstatic? Mood swings can be caused by several factors. Hormone imbalance is one of the major causes of mood swings. The hormones naturally found in the body might be affected by the food you eat, health conditions, medication taken as well as the physical activities. These hormones influence the way you feel. Some of the hormones and their impacts are-
- Melatonin for sleep
- Leptin for controlling hunger
- Thyroid hormones for healthy metabolism
- Cortisol to keep stress levels in control
Besides these major hormones testosterone, progesterone, estrogen, oxytocin, serotonin is all important for attaining an emotional balance. So if you wish to feel more yourself, if you wish to feel more in control then start working on studying your hormone levels.
Here are some ways to ensure that you keep the natural hormone levels within healthy limits-
- Ensure that your diet is balanced. Each nutrient might directly or indirectly influence the production of these hormones. So when one nutrient is deficient, then it might, in turn, affect the corresponding hormone level
- Greens are good for detoxifying your body. Getting rid of the toxins in the body can be a good place to start when you wish to work on the hormones levels
- Gut health should be the main objective of your diet and fitness regime. A healthy diet would lead to healthy digestion and this, in turn, would lead to better assimilation of the food you eat.
- Keep your stress levels low. Don’t let daily stress eat away your energy.
- Make sure that you are well rested. Go to bed at the same time every day. A healthy sleep can reduce the stress and also keep your hormone levels within the ideal limit.